How to Grow Up and Feel Amazing!: The No-Worries Guide for Boys
What does it mean to be a boy? And I’m not just talking about what you have between your legs, but what life is really like for boys. Growing up is a real minefield! So I’ve put everything I’ve learned both from my career as an NHS doctor and my own life experiences into this twenty-first century guide to being a boy.
It covers the obvious things like the physical changes you’ll go through during puberty and adolescence (hello, pubic hair and voice breaking!), but also helps you to figure out how to manage your emotions, deal with friends and family and learn about healthy relationships.
Filled with easy-to-understand explanations, down-to-earth advice and cheeky illustrations, this growing-up guide by trusted paediatrician Dr Ranj is perfect for readers aged 10+ who want to discover the confidence to be the very best version of themselves.
– Puberty and physical development, including genital, skin, hair and voice changes
– Looking after your body, from shaving, good hygiene and healthy eating to body confidence and exercise
– Mental health awareness, including the importance of sleep, managing mood swings and anxiety
– Managing relationships, from parents and siblings to friends and crushes, and how to cope with bullying
– A sensitive, age-appropriate introduction to sex, consent and privacy
– Navigating the online world, including social media and cybersafety
The LitVox Bookshop
Our bookshop’s range grows by the day. Moreover, we pride ourselves on being able to track down and obtain any book our customers want. Our recommendations service is open for all to use. If we recommend books to you through this service, we’ll be able gather up those books and send them to you no matter where you are in the world. If you’re buying your books as a gift, we can gift-wrap them in a lovely bundle and send them wherever in the world you wish! We can even hand-write your greetings card with your personal message.
Remember that if you’re buying books as a gift, we also offer a wide-range of book prints, gifts and greetings cards for readers of all ages! Check out our print studio and gift-shop today. If you have any special requests for your order or need further gift inspiration, just contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’re ready and waiting to help!